Regulations for the Use
Regulations for the Use of the Polish API Standard Website
- These Regulations for the Use of the Polish API Standard Website (hereinafter “Regulations“), drafted on the basis of S. 8(1)(1) of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services by electronic means (Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 144, item 1204, as amended), lay down the rules governing the use of the Polish API Standard Website (hereinafter “Website“), managed and made available by the Polish Bank Association, whose registered office is in Warsaw, at ul. Kruczkowskiego 8, 00-380 Warszawa, (hereinafter “ZBP“).
- These Regulations shall be made available to the Users free of charge via the Website, in a form that enables their downloading, saving and printing.
- In order to commence the use of Services available on the Website, it is necessary to become familiar with these Regulations. From the moment he or she starts using Services available on the Website, each User accepts the content of and is required to comply with the provisions of these Regulations.
- Each person visiting the Website (“User“) acknowledges and agrees that it is forbidden to provide the Website and the Administrator with any illegal, offensive or misleading content or content that contains viruses or may cause disruptions or damage to the ICT systems.
Rules governing the use of the Website
- On the Website the User may become familiar with information that is made available in such a way as to enable the User to have access to it at the place and time of his or her choice, via the Website, regardless of the type and manner of operation of the device or software that is used by the User for this purpose.
- The provision of services to Website Users shall take place on the terms specified in these Regulations, with the exception of services described in separate documents.
- A contract for the provision of services on the Website between ZBP and the User shall be concluded when the User enters the URL address of the Website in a web browser and shall be terminated as soon as the User closes the Website.
- The Service User undertakes not to violate the rights, in particular the economic copyright, or personal interests of any third parties. In particular, it shall be forbidden for the User to place unlawful content on the Website.
- All the rights to the information contained on the Website, including names and trademarks, shall be vested with ZPB, entities belonging to or affiliated with ZBP or other entities participating in the Polish API Standard project with their consent and are protected under the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and neighbouring rights (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2017, item 880, as amended) and the Act of 30 June 2000 on industrial property law (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2017, item 776, as amended).
- The Website User has the right to download and print information or fragments thereof, provided that the copyright and the rights arising from the registration of trademarks belonging to or used by ZPB with the consent of authorised persons are not infringed. No part of the information contained on the Website may be used for commercial or profit-making purposes, in particular through its copying in whole or in part or electronic transmission, or otherwise modified or used without a prior written consent of ZBP, with the exception of materials constituting the Polish API Standard, which are subject to other regulations.
- ZPB shall not be liable for the level of detail, currency or completeness of the information that constitutes the Website’s resources. ZBP hereby declares that the information constituting the Website resource shall be collected and updated with due care.
- The information contained on the Website shall serve informational purposes only and shall not constitute an offer concerning any services, including services in the area of banking operations. ZPB shall not be liable for the use of the Website’s resources by the User, including, in particular, for any damage arisen as a result of the use of the Website’s resources in any circumstances. ZBP shall not be liable for the consequences of decisions made by the User on the basis of any information obtained as a result of using the Website’s resources.
- ZBP reserves the right to decide on the content of information contained on the Website, which shall include the right to introduce changes to all or part of the information contained on the Website and to withdraw, on a periodic basis or completely, such information, a part thereof or the entire information resource of the Website from use on the Internet, without a prior notice to the User.
- ZPB shall not be liable for the content of other websites or portals that are not owned or controlled by ZBP to which links have been placed on the Website.
- ZPB shall not be liable for any damage arisen as a result of using the Website or the lack of possibility to use the Website. ZBP shall not liable for any damage caused by any defect of the Website, an error, omission of or delay in the transmission of data from the Website, a computer virus or a failure of a telecommunications line or system. Such limitation of liability shall also be effective if representatives of ZBP were informed about the possibility of such damage.
Complaint lodging procedure
- Each Website User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding matters related to the functioning of the Website.
- Any complaints should be submitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or by post to the following address: Związek Banków Polskich, ul. Kruczkowskiego 8, 00-380 Warszawa.
- ZPB shall consider a complaint within 14 days from its receipt. At the same time, ZBP reserves the right to extend this time limit – by not more than 10 days – in the event that the consideration of a complaint requires unusual, special measures and findings or encounters obstacles that are independent of and not caused due to the fault of ZBP (hardware or Internet network failures, etc.). ZPB further stipulates that the consideration of a complaint may require it to obtain additional explanations from the User – the time during which such explanations are provided by the User shall, on each such occasion, extend the period of consideration of a complaint.
- A response to a complaint shall be sent to the User to the address provided by the User in the complaint.
- The User who is a consumer has the option of an out-of-court settlement of a dispute before the Permanent Consumer Arbitration Court at the Regional Inspectorate of Trade Inspection in Warsaw (ul. Sienkiewicza 3, 00-015 Warsaw). Information about the procedure and a list of entities authorised to resolve consumer disputes can be found at: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/pozasadowe_rozwiazywanie_sporow_konsumenckich.php.
- Depending on the content of complaints, their subject matter and methods of submission and settlement, the Website may process the personal data of Users lodging complaints. The administrator of the personal data of Users lodging complaints is the Polish Bank Association, whose registered office is in Warsaw, at ul. Kruczkowskiego 8. Personal data shall be processed solely for the purpose of considering complaints and shall not be made available to other entities, unless the obligation to disclose such data arises from currently applicable provisions of law. The User whose personal data are processed has the right to access his or her data and correct them. The provision of personal data shall be voluntary, but, depending on the subject matter of the complaint, may be necessary to ensure its proper consideration.
Technical infrastructure necessary to use Website services
- ZBP reserves the right to amend these Regulations at any time.
- In the event of an amendment to these Regulations, it shall be communicated to the User by being placed on the Website.
- These Regulations shall always be available for download in a single PDF document, in their current version, at: http://polishapi.org/regulamin-serwisu/.
- These Regulations shall enter into force on 16 January 2018.